Monday, September 3, 2012

words I never seem to listen to

Has God ever sent someone your way to say the exact thing you need at the exact moment you need it? I guess that is something God does often. Most people call it a coincidence. I term it Divine intervention. Afterall God usually knows when I'm about to do something stupid.

I was working late on Friday and one of the volunteers was there. He prayed a mighty prayer before coming out of the office to visit people on the floors. He didn't know I was there until he stepped out. I told him about a patient who needed him and he stopped me. He told me that he could tell I have a sweet sincere spirit. He said he could also tell I was worrying about something. I don't know if I'm that transparent or if it was just a prophetic thing. I kind of believe it was Divine sight because I was smiling and doing my little happy dance that I do in front of people I don't know well (no it's not literally a dance for those of you who know that it very well could be). He stopped me and said that if God could take care of the sparrows then God could take care of me.

Maybe I should listen. After all I've heard the message now well over a hundred or so times throughout this summer.

Yet the worry comes. I don't know where it comes from and certainly I don't know how to stop it. I just know that I worry. Sometimes life just feels like it is too much to handle and yet day after day I wake up to face another day. I never know what that day will hold. It could be anywhere from a mundane day in the office to multiple victims who have be shot. Don't get me wrong I LOVE what I do. It's just that it is hard and it is hard sometimes to separate the lives of these people I serve from my own life and the lives of the people I love. I know that God sees each sparrow and so will take care of the ones around me, but goodness knows I want to see where I'm flying/falling to. Cest la vie I guess I have to trust God. I just wish it were simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment